This is the first time I’m ever being nominated for anything in my life *wipes tear*. This means so much to me. I feel happy, I feel blessed, I feel fulfilled. I never hexperredit. The borofus gon’…oh, okay... Tolu, is an awesome writer and he doesn’t realize it, I guess? We follow each other on twitter too, so…yeah basically.
I started blogging like 6 months back, and it’s been the most awesome time here. I opened a blog basically from pressure of friends who thought I was dumb and needed to start writing to look smart. Okay not that exactly, but along that line 😂😂. I actually started writing four years back, and I wanted to open a blog two years ago, but had no idea on what to do to open one, so I did what anybody would do, I didn’t. I finally got smart enough to google it and bam, here we are. Has been an amazing journey so far. Traffic has been good. I usually hate crowded traffic, but not on my blog.
Yes, now the rules of this award are:
- Write a post to show the award
- Acknowledge the blogger who got you nominated!
- Give a brief story about how you started blogging
- Give 10 random facts about yourself
- Give 5 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 deserving bloggers.
RULE 1: Done
RULE 2: Done
RULE 3: Done
- I’m actually not a sad person. This was put here first because my blog is full of sad poems. Don’t worry, I don’t really want to die. Or not now anyways.
- I love my mom more than I realise. I constantly have to remind myself how much I adore her. She’s the strongest woman I know. No, she can’t beat me up. She’s strong in the mind. Can’t have my mom looking like Brock Lesnar. That would mean I have two fathers.
- I don’t have a favourite colour or song or attire or food(even though I lowkey believe fried yam would be served in heaven)
- It’s raining outside my house right now. Yes. Random fact.
- I love my country so much, but not enough to not want to go abroad and never ever come back. I can love from outside, can’t I? After all, distance makes the heart grow fonder.
- I love holding my phone. Whether I’m using it or not. I suddenly feel empty when someone borrows my phone for a while.
- I don’t think I’m a good poet. Really. I just have good friends who know how to lie
- Why don’t I have Osama Bin Laden type of beard yet? I’m tired of having an empty face looking like a smooth criminal and all.
- I love great photography. No, I’m not a photographer. No, I don’t even take great pictures on my phone. I just love great photography.
- I think the world would end soon. Oh wait, someone said that 2000 years back. My bad. No shade.
RULE 5: Why am I doing this one? I need the advice too 😓
- Never receive advice from anybody. That’s the best advice. Do you.
- Don’t be afraid to use your blog. It’s yours. Do what you want. Post a Bible passage today and a video of Miley Cyrus twerking tomorrow. No, don’t do that exactly, or whatever.
- Tell everybody you know about your blog…everyday! Keep telling them till they hate you for it. After all, nobody really needs friends. I already told you not to follow advices, so whatever. Lol
- Sometimes, to get materials necessary for inspiration to write, you need to go out and experience. Let the wind hit your face and the petrichor intoxicate you. Enjoy watching couples fight and admire the way the sunlight hits the shrubs by the roadside. Do not, I repeat, do not enjoy watching couples fight. It’s not good.
- Improve your writing. Look for every means necessary and every way possible to get better. Better pieces equals more traffic which equals more money. Hehehe
RULE 6: Fifteen? Really?